The best way to ensure that your family has cool air all summer is by scheduling your air conditioner’s preventative maintenance check early in the spring. Not only will you beat the summer rush by homeowners who neglected to schedule their maintenance check up, you’ll also give yourself peace of mind in knowing that your air conditioner is operating at its peak efficiency all summer long.
A thorough preventative maintenance check answers several questions about your cooling system:
• Is your air conditioning system running at peak efficiency?
• Is your thermostat functioning properly?
• Are your refrigerant levels adjusted properly?
• Are your inside and outside coils clean?
• Is your condensate drain free of blockage?
• Is your air blower adjusted for proper air flow?
• Are all your safety controls functioning properly?
• Is there any part of your air conditioning system that looks like it may cause you problems in the coming cooling season?
Be sure to ask your HVAC contractor to explain the proper procedure for inspecting, cleaning and replacing air filters. This will allow you to contribute to the efficiency of your air conditioning system on an ongoing basis. It will also add to the longevity of your system.
Annual preventative maintenance can reduce energy expenditure by up to 30 percent. Not only does it save you money in the long term, it allows your HVAC contractor to address smaller issues before they become costly repairs. This maximizes your system’s efficiency and ensures that your family will be cool and comfortable no matter how hot it gets outside.
If you have questions about your air conditioning system or would like more information about the benefits of a preventative maintenance agreement, contact us at Mathews CCAC Air Conditioning today.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Mathews CCAC Air Conditioning and Heating services Corpus Christi, TX. To get started, check out our website.