As temperatures continue to rise in south Texas, it’s time to make sure your A/C is up to the challenge ahead. If your unit has been underperforming, costing you a fortune in repairs, or is more than 10 years old, it may be time for an air conditioner replacement. Here are seven good reasons to stop putting it off.
- Reliability: A new unit will provide years of comfort starting now. Relax this summer, knowing that you won’t be without cool air.
- Environmentally friendly refrigerant: R-22 refrigerant, used in cooling systems for years, is being phased out, as per government regulations. New high-efficiency units use R-410A, which is an Environmental Protection Agency-approved alternative.
- Greater comfort: One of the greatest benefits of an air conditioner replacement is being able to enjoy all the technological advances that have been shown to improve efficiency and increase comfort. Benefits include increased humidity control and a more even and steady flow of conditioned air.
- Enhanced air quality: Increased humidity control and improved air quality go hand in hand. With moisture levels kept in check, the potential for mildew and mold growth is greatly reduced.
- Energy savings: Enjoy lower energy bills this summer with a new high-efficiency unit designed to provide greater comfort while using less energy than older units.
- Tax credits: The U.S. government has brought back tax credits for high-efficiency systems. The credit runs through December, making this an opportune time to replace your unit.
- Warranty support: Rest easy, knowing that your new unit is covered under a warranty that will add value to your property if you’re planning to put your home on the market and will give you peace of mind if you’re planning to stay in your home for years to come.
This time of year is ideal for an air conditioner replacement, which will serve you well through the long, hot days of summer. When you’re ready, call the experts at Mathews CCAC for the utmost in customer service and value. Since 1979, we’ve been looking after the home-comfort needs of homeowners in Corpus Christi and the surrounding area.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Corpus Christi, Texas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about air conditioner replacements and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock