(361) 235-3905 Request Service

Carbon Monoxide Detectors Thwart The Threat Of Carbon Monoxide

January 19, 2012 | Blog

Each year approximately thousands of people have to go to the hospital for accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. In the United States, carbon monoxide gas is the biggest cause of accidental poisoning. And since it is invisible and odorless you cannot tell if the harmful gas is present in your home.  The only way to protect your family from its potentially deadly effects is with a carbon monoxide detector. Carbon monoxide detectors will give you peace of mind in knowing that you and your family will be protected, but not all carbon monoxide detectors are the same.  Many of the bargain brands do not detect low levels of carbon monoxide.  Even low levels of this poisonous gas can make you sick and with prolonged exposure can cause death.   It is like having a smoke detector that does not go off until the house is completely engulfed in flames.  Paying a little more to get a quality carbon monoxide detector is well worth the investment. 

In order to work properly, a detector has to be correctly installed. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, detectors operate best when they are installed close to the bedrooms in your home. That way, if harmful gas gets into your home, it will be easier for you and your family members to hear the alarm sound.

It’s also a good idea to install at least one detector on each level of your living space. Another important installation tip is to make sure that your carbon monoxide detectors are not placed near any devices/equipment that operate off of burning fuel. For instance, if a detector is installed near a gas water heater or furnace, it can be set off from the trace amount of gas that is typically emitted when fuel-burning devices starts up. You should also avoid placing carbon monoxide detectors close to any cooking devices, or in parts of your livings space that  have high levels of humidity, such as bathrooms and kitchens.

Installing carbon monoxide detectors in your household is an essential tool in protecting the safety of you and your family. Make sure you install your detectors correctly to ensure they do the job properly. For further assistance on carbon monoxide detectors and any other HVAC issue, contact the professionals at CCAC, Inc.today. We serve Corpus Christi and the surrounding area with pride.

Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).  For more information about carbon monoxide detectors and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.

CCAC Air Conditioning and Heating services Corpus Christi, TX. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!     

Alarm image via Shutterstock

Constantly Concerned About You!

noun_team_2578407
Professional Team
Our ac technicians are highly trained, professional and committed to getting the job done right the first time.
noun_assurance_426752
Reliable Service
You can count on our expert ac technicians to provide high-quality air conditioning services with quality products and transparent pricing.
noun_Handshake_2064250
Customer Service
You deserve excellent customer service. That's why we strive to be courteous and professional through the entire service process.

What Our Customers Say

Pleasure to Work With

CCAC conducted the semi-annual inspection of the A/C, heating system for the fall check-up, Technician was on time, courteous and went quickly about the inspection and observed all COVID-19 protocols for his and our safety a pleasure to work with this company

Steven L.

Great Company

Great company. Contacted my current AC company to check on my warranty before charging me anything. Saved me a bunch of money and headache if dealing with anything. Would definitely recommend them and use them again.

Ryan W.

Very Satisfied

I’ve had a system purchased and installed by them for several years with the maintenance contract the whole time. I’ve been very satisfied with the service. You can’t go wrong selecting them for your business.

Joseph S.