Even if you already know that timely preventive care is vital to keep your home’s HVAC equipment in top-notch operating condition, it’s easy to put off or forget about scheduling professional maintenance visits. Signing a maintenance contract with a reputable HVAC contractor can make keeping up with routine service convenient and stress-free. Maintenance contracts can benefit many other aspects owing of an HVAC system, such as:
- Energy efficiency — You may not know that without routine maintenance, your HVAC equipment’s efficiency can decline by up to five percent annually, and this can cause a corresponding uptick in your operating costs. The twice a year checkups and cleanings that come with a maintenance contract can put an end to these losses, or even restore the equipment’s original efficiency and help lower your energy bills.
- Repairs — The detailed inspection your equipment gets during semi-annual maintenance allows a technician to find any minor issues early on, so you have an opportunity to have them addressed before they escalate and the equipment breaks down and needs a costly repair.
- Reliability — Having the HVAC equipment tuned up and cleaned regularly and taking care of minor problems right away increases the entire system’s reliability even when it’s under greater strain at the peak of the season. This lets you avoid any unnecessary stress or inconvenience due to unexpected mid-season equipment breakdowns or failures.
- Service life — Every kind of mechanical equipment works more reliably and stands up to wear and tear better when it’s well maintained, and this is true with your HVAC components too. By providing regularly-scheduled service with a maintenance contract, you can rest easy knowing that your costly HVAC equipment should reach a longer-than-average lifespan.
- Warranty — Your equipment manufacturer will require proof of professional maintenance if a component fails and you need to file a warranty claim, but you won’t have any worries that you won’t be covered if you’ve kept the HVAC system well cared for with a maintenance contract.
If you’d like to learn more about the many benefits that maintenance contracts provide, contact the Coastal Bend home comfort experts at CCAC today.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Corpus Christi, Texas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about HVAC maintenance contracts and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Guide or call us at 361-678-2495.
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “prapass/Shutterstock”