For homeowners, the heating and cooling system that operates in your living space is only as good as its current working condition. By having a professional perform preventive maintenance on your HVAC equipment, you’ll get peace of mind in knowing that it will operate efficiently when the time comes. The last thing you want is for your air conditioner to break down in the middle of summer, or your furnace to conk out in the dead of winter.
The following is a list of components that should be checked by an HVAC professional during your preventive maintenance check-up:
- Electrical Connections: The electrical connections in your system are vital to its ability to operate correctly. If the electrical connections in your system are faulty, they can create unsafe operating conditions.
- Thermostat Settings: The settings that you operate your equipment at will determine the workload that is placed on your system.
- Lubrication of System Parts: All moving parts in your HVAC equipment need to be properly lubricated in order to prevent friction in your system.
- Blower Components: Low levels of air flow can cause your system to operate much less efficiently.
- Refrigerant Levels: It’s important that there’s enough refrigerant in your air conditioning system. Too much or too little can cause problems and reduce the efficiency of your system.
- Cleanliness of Coils: When dirt and debris accumulate on your air conditioner’s coils, it will make your system run longer to reach the desired temperature.
- Gas/Oil connections: For optimum efficiency, the gas and oil connections in your furnace need to be kept clean.
- Air filters: In order to ensure maximum efficiency and high levels of indoor air quality for either your furnace or your air conditioner, you should change your air filters on a regular basis, as often as monthly during high-use seasons.
For further assistance on preventive maintenance check-ups for your HVAC equipment, contact the experts at CCAC, Inc. today. We service Corpus Christi and the surrounding area and would be glad to help you with all of your home comfort needs.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about preventive maintenance and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Mathews CCAC Air Conditioning and Heating services Corpus Christi, TX. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!