If you’re like most south Texas homeowners, you care deeply about saving energy (and the money it takes to pay for it). The last few summers have been rough on the wallet but we have good news for you. There’s a much more effective way to keep your A/C bills under control this year. The new generation of high-efficiency air conditioners make it easier than ever to save.
When replacing your air conditioner, look for the federal Energy Star label. Then take the time to speak with an HVAC expert to make sure you get every benefit from your investment.
- Lower lifetime costs – The lifetime costs of owning the A/C unit is much more useful than simply looking at the price tag. We now have the technology and knowledge to project the all-inclusive costs of the investment. In addition to the purchase and installation, that includes projected energy costs, energy savings versus a standard unit, maintenance and expected lifespan.
- Increased efficiency – Energy bills consume more than 50 percent of your household energy usage during a steamy Texas summer. Replacing your old air conditioner with a comparable high-efficiency model will instantly make your system more efficient, with more than 30 percent savings if you’ve had your old system a decade or more.
- Personalized equipment – When replacing your air conditioner, have an expert measure your correct cooling load and advise you on the right size A/C for your needs. They will assess the other parts of the system and help you find additional ways to improve efficiency.
- Quality equipment – The Energy Star criteria are strict so you can be confident that you are purchasing equipment that is well-designed and manufactured.
- Environmentally friendly – Efficient equipment uses less energy and refrigerant, decreases emissions and decreases waste by lasting longer.
Once you select your new air conditioner, you’ll need to make sure it’s installed and maintained properly. Contact Mathews CCAC Inc. to speak with an expert. With over 35 years of service in Corpus and the Coastal Bend, we have the expertise to help you stay comfortable and save money, no matter how hot it gets.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about replacing your air conditioner and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Mathews CCAC Air Conditioning and Heating services Corpus Christi, TX. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!