As a resident of Corpus Christi, you know that a large percentage of your annual energy budget will be dedicated to cooling your home during our hot Texas summers. You also know that energy efficiency equals savings over time. If you chose your air conditioner based on its Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) rating, you’re off to a good start.
Unfortunately, SEER ratings don’t take the efficiency of your system’s start-up into account, which means you may be losing money each and every time your air conditioner turns on. And todays Super High SEER systems remove less moisture from the air than the older systems did.
Luckily, there is a solution. The AC-Enhancer bridges the efficiency gap between your system’s start-up and the peak levels of efficiency measured by your air conditioner’s SEER rating. Not only that, it increases the dehumidification capacity of your air conditioner, which allows your system to reach peak efficiency in far less time.
To understand how the AC-Enhancer works, first you must consider the issues it addresses:
- When your air conditioner shuts off the inside evaporator coil is full of moisture.
- On average, it takes your system 8 minutes to cool the coil and begin the dehumidification process.
- During that time, a great deal of the moisture on the coil is re-evaporated into your household air, increasing the humidity in an already humid Texas climate.
The AC-Enhancer addresses these issues by delaying the blower until the inside evaporator coil has been cooled below the dew point temperature, then slowly bringing the blower up to full speed, increasing the load accordingly. By pre-cooling the coil and controlling the load of the blower, the AC-Enhancer:
- Eliminates the re-evaporation of moisture from the inside coil back into your household air.
- Allows your system to start the dehumidification process right away.
- Allows your air conditioner to start-up more efficiently.
- Allows your air conditioner to reach full efficiency in as little as 2 minutes.
By adding an AC-Enhancer to your air conditioning system you can reduce your annual energy consumption, decrease your household humidity levels, and lower your annual cooling costs. The AC-Enhancer can help whether you have new equipment or an older system. For more information on how an AC-Enhancer could benefit your home HVAC system, contact the professionals at Mathews CCAC Air Conditioning today for an expert consultation.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Mathews CCAC Air Conditioning and Heating services Corpus Christi, TX. To get started, check out our website.