With summertime right around the corner, there is no better time to start thinking about the current status of your air conditioning system. The last thing you want to find out in the sweltering Texas heat is that your air conditioner is in need of repair or replacement. If your air conditioner is over 10 years old or showing the symptoms of malfunction or an impending breakdown, you should call and have one of our professional technicians check it as soon as possible.
Possible warning signs and areas of consideration include:
- System Age – The federal government recommends replacing air conditioning units that are over ten years of age. The Department of Energy says that replacing an older unit with a new model qualified by ENERGY STAR can save you between 20-40 percent in annual energy costs, depending on the age of your current model.
- Inconsistent Cooling – If your air conditioner is having a hard time keeping up with the demands of your family, or just doesn’t seem to be able to cool consistently throughout the household, a professional evaluation may be in order.
- System Noise – If you are hearing abnormal or increased noise in your system, you may be experiencing a problem with your coils or ductwork.
- Rising Energy Costs – If your cooling bills have suddenly spiked without explanation, your air conditioner may be in need of repair.
- Constant Repair – If you find repair work has become the routine rather than the exception, a system replacement is probably in order.
Of course, a professional assessment is the most reliable way to ensure that your air conditioner will last all summer. If you are experiencing one or more of the symptoms we’ve discussed, you should contact us at Mathews CCAC Air Conditioning as soon as possible (Mathews CCAC stands for Constantly Concerned About Customers). Residents of Corpus Christi know that Mathews CCAC is a name you can trust. If you have questions about your air conditioning system, contact us at Mathews CCAC Air Conditioning today for a consultation.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Mathews CCAC Air Conditioning and Heating services Corpus Christi, TX. To get started, check out our website.