The HVAC system in your Coastal Bend home is directly linked to the comfort of your home. No matter your home’s age, upgrading your HVAC system can give you peace of mind that your home comfort is protected. Here are a few tips to help you through the HVAC system installation process.
Advice for New Home HVAC System Installation
- Find a trusted NATE-certified technician.
- Decide where the thermostat will be installed. Most experts agree that the best location is on an inside wall where there is good air circulation.
- Ensure the unit will have plenty of space for easy access and plenty of ventilation. Make sure the air intake isn’t blocked.
- The heating and cooling system should have easy access to its air filter. This will make replacing the dirty and clogged filters every month easier.
- Choose a system that is the proper size — not too big or too small — for your home. If the unit is too large, it cannot properly remove the moisture from air that feels clammy, while a unit that is too small will strain just to obtain the desired temperature.
- The duckwork should be insulated to help maintain the HVAC unit’s energy efficiency.
- Ductwork works best when it is designed in a curved or straight line. Also, ensure all duckwork connections are properly sealed to help prevent air leaks, which can increase your energy bills.
- Have a local inspector inspect your new HVAC system installation to ensure it’s up to code.
Advice for Older Home HVAC System Installation
- Take a look at the maintenance bills for the system to determine if it would be more cost efficient to replace or maintain the HVAC system.
- Discuss the reliability of the system with local contractors who have experience working on the specific type of heating and cooling unit.
- Hire a HVAC contractor to perform a check up on your system.
For more information about HVAC system installation, contact the experts at CCAC, Inc. We provide reliable air conditioning, heating and air quality services to the residences and businesses in the South Texas area.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Corpus Christi, Texas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about HVAC systems and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock