Your HVAC system, aside from the house itself, is the most valuable component of your home. It’s worth significant money, and provides a crucial service, keeping you comfortable. You expect it to accomplish this goal safely and cost-effectively. This is why it’s essential, when it comes to servicing, maintaining, or upgrading your heating or cooling system, that you hire a reputable HVAC company. But how can you be sure you can trust the company that sends a technician to you home?
Following are some tips:
- Ask friends, neighbors, or coworkers whom they hire for HVAC work. If someone says they have a long-term, positive relationship with a local company, investigate further. Go to their website and look for awards, certifications, and/or testimonials. Once you’ve settled on a company, ask them for a few references.
- Appearances certainly can be deceiving, though a professional appearance and demeanor should be a baseline requirement for the HVAC technician who comes to your home. Avoid hiring a neighborhood handyman to work on sensitive HVAC equipment. You could risk damaging your system.
- If the HVAC company offers to give you a quote over the phone for an installation or significant repair, that’s a red flag. A reputable company should insist on coming to your home and inspecting the equipment and/or situation before giving a quote.
- The technician should produce evidence of professional certifications, such as NATE (North American Technician Excellence), which reflects training and experience in both general and specific areas of HVAC expertise.
- If the technician is there to repair cooling or heating equipment, they should provide you with a clear diagnosis of the problem, along with the cost of repairing it and how long it will take.
- For an installation, the HVAC technician should complete a heating or cooling load calculation before recommending a system size. They should review your options with regard to cost, energy efficiency, and advanced features.
At CCAC, Inc., we believe you’ll be happy with our professionalism and service. For any maintenance, service, or installation work in your Corpus Christi-area home, please contact us at CCAC, Inc.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Corpus Christi, Texas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about reputable HVAC companies and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Guide or call us at 361-678-2495.
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “geralt/pixabay”