If you’re looking for ways to make heating and cooling your home more efficient, investigating smart heating systems is well worth your while. Thanks to recent advancements in HVAC technology, there are now smart systems available that can streamline energy consumption, reduce operating costs and give you the added bonus of a more comfortable living environment.
What Are Smart Heating Systems?
Smart HVAC systems combine intelligent controls with the latest technologically-advanced heating equipment. These ultra-responsive systems are designed to provide the greatest possible energy efficiency, reliable long-term performance and the highest level of home comfort. The systems available today feature components that give you optimal control and make heating your home more intelligent, intuitive and convenient. Smart system components can include:
- Learning thermostats
- Variable-capacity furnaces
- Variable-speed air handlers
- Intelligent zoning systems
Smart System Capabilities and Benefits
The key component in a smart heating system is an intelligent thermostat, such as the iComfort or ComfortLink. These thermostats give you remote control of your heating system from a smartphone or other device with an easy-to-use app. Depending on the specific brand you choose, a smart thermostat also offers capabilities beyond remote access to give you benefits like:
- Peace of mind about performance issues. A smart thermostat constantly monitors the system’s operation and reminds you when filters need changing, routine maintenance is required, or a concerning issue crops up that needs professional attention.
- Better air quality for allergy sufferers. Some thermostats actively monitor the air quality and outdoor pollen counts and start up the HVAC system’s fan to filter out allergens more effectively.
- Maximum comfort and efficiency. Smart thermostats can communicate directly with your zoning controls and components like your variable-capacity furnace and variable-speed air handler to provide optimal efficiency and comfort in all areas of your home.
- Automatic, intuitive energy savings. Some intelligent thermostats use the GPS technology in your smartphone to tell when you leave home or arrive back and then automatically adjust your HVAC equipment’s output to maximize energy savings.
To learn more about the latest smart heating system options for your Coastal Bend home, contact us at CCAC today.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Corpus Christi, Texas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about your HVAC system, download our free Home Comfort Guide or call us at 361-678-2495.
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “Geralt/Pixabay”