Mold is always an unpleasant guest to find lurking in your home. To discourage this health threat from getting comfortable in your Coastal Bend home, take action against the one thing mold needs to thrive: water. Follow this plan for controlling mold in and around your home, and you’ll say goodbye to pesky mold growth for good.
- Always act immediately when water leaks or spills happen in your home. Dry the spill and address the source of the leak.
- Ensure that the ground around your foundation slopes away from the house. This way water cannot pool around the foundation. Also, keep your rain gutters clear of debris.
- Keep the drip pans on your air conditioner clean, and be sure the drain lines are flowing properly.
- Monitor the relative humidity in your home, doing your best to keep it below 60 percent. Humidity meters are available to help you keep an eye on your humidity level.
- Use air conditioners or dehumidifiers as needed to manage indoor humidity.
- If you become aware of condensation on windows, walls or pipes, take action immediately. Dry the surface and identify the source of the moisture. Condensation is a sign of high humidity.
At Mathews CCAC Inc., we are Constantly Concerned About Customers. Contact us today for more information to help you carry out an action plan for controlling mold in your Corpus Christi area home.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Corpus Christi, Texas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about Controlling Mold and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock